Athletics Association Startbaan is known for its annual, national relay race. This can not be missed at the Amstelveen Lentemarathon! The relay teams of four runners use the same course of the marathon, with each runner running between 8 and 13 km.
The relay team will have to transfer an object (a snapband) from start to finish and is responsible for the change. At the exchange points, the necessary logistics will be available, so that these runners are well prepared to start the race.
General information about the relay:
- Important: the relay team is responsible for transport from and to the exchange points. That means that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th runners themselves have to be at the exchange point at the right moment. In addition, it means that the runners have to move themselves to the Stadshart (or home) after completing their specific distance.
- At each switch point there is a toilet, a drink station and (limited) parking space.
- Relay members receive the same number, with an addition. Example: team number 50, 50-1 for the starting runner up to 50-4 for the final runner.
- The relay team brings a snapband from start to finish.
- Only the gross time of the relay team on arrival is measured. No split times are measured per runner. It is important that the final runner (the one with number xx-4) actually crosses the finish line as the time of this runner is measured.
Once again: limited parking space is available at the points of exchange, make use of nearby public transport options, carpool or bicycle to reach the exchange locations.
Practical information about the relay
- The first runner of the relay team starts with the runners of the full marathon, at 10.00 am (AV Startbaan)
- After 12.8 km an exchange point has been set up and the snap band is passed on to the second runner of the team. This exchange point is on the Hollandse Dijk near the Chemieweg in Uithoorn. Parking is possible at the Chemieweg. Location: Chemieweg 199, 1422DX Uithoorn
- After 21.6 km an exchange point is set up and the snap band is passed on to the third runner of the team. This exchange point is at the intersection of the cycle path and the Touwslagerij. You can park at P + R Spinnerij. Location: Bouwerij 7, 1185 ZN or bus stop Sacharovlaan, then a 7-minute walk.
- After 34.5 km a exchange point has been set up on the Dorpsstraat near the church and the snap band is passed on to the team’s final runner. Parking is best at the parking lot on the Doorweg.
- It is possible to go over the finish as a team. On the north side of the Rembrandtweg in Amstelveen (about 300m before the finish) you can regroup and run to the finish together.
- Tip: the first runner can have a bag transported to the finish location for the team.